Re: 16-bit floating-point.

Sujet : Re: 16-bit floating-point.
De : bowman (at) *nospam* montana.com (rbowman)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 10. Mar 2024, 09:13:49
On Sat, 09 Mar 2024 21:08:32 -0800 (Seattle), Relf wrote:

Truth is, 16-bit floating-point is gaining popularity in machine
learning ( due to its efficiency ).
The newer microcontrollers make it feasible even in your toasted :) Even some of the Cortex M4s have a FPU.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_Cortex-M
The RPi Pico that was sitting on my deck when I got home is only a M0+ but it's a whole different class than the Arduino Unos. So far I've only loaded MicroPython and did the blink thing using Thonny.
Thonny is no VS Code and it does have that annoying  - Thonny 4 is dedicated to Ukraine fighting the Russian invasion. 🇺🇦 Please support Ukraine! 🇺🇦
crap but it's a quick and dirty way to make sure everything is working.