Re: Thelio hardware problem with Linux Mint

Sujet : Re: Thelio hardware problem with Linux Mint
De : OFeem1987 (at) *nospam* teleworm.us (Chris Ahlstrom)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 11. Mar 2024, 16:34:40
vallor wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

On Mon, 11 Mar 2024 07:33:02 -0000 (UTC), Lawrence D'Oliveiro
<ldo@nz.invalid> wrote in <usmc3e$3g6h5$1@dont-email.me>:

On Sun, 10 Mar 2024 19:16:55 -0000 (UTC), vallor wrote:

Thing is, the TOSLink connector is usually on the motherboard, and I
don't have problems with them.  But this time, I think the connector is
on a daughterboard, and I suspect it is connected to the motherboard
via USB.

Is an optical connection really worth using?

I prefer it, if only because the sound takes a pure digital
path to the DAC in the amplifier, and it's opto-isolated.

But USB would offer the same pure digital path, and the
amplifier accepts USB.  Both are plugged into the UPS,
so maybe I should just go for it. (I've just had bad luck with
USB audio before, but perhaps that is a thing of the past.)

If you get buzzing/noise, this would help:

   https://www.amazon.com/Nobsound-Audio-Eliminator-Industrial-Protection/dp/B07GF8643T

--
Never laugh at live dragons.
-- Bilbo Baggins [J.R.R. Tolkien, "The Hobbit"]