Re: The Devil His Due

Sujet : Re: The Devil His Due
De : Physfitfreak (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Physfitfreak)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 12. Mar 2024, 07:27:39
On 3/11/2024 9:46 PM, rbowman wrote:
There are an number of cheap Chinese knockoffs of the Saleae logic
analyzer:
 amazon.com/dp/B077LSG5P2
 For $12.69 how can you go wrong? It comes with the module, a USB cable and
8 female/female Dupont wires. That's it.
 Sigrok's PulseView will work with it. Let's just say the installation
attempt did not go well on Ubuntu. 'sudo apt install sigrok' works and
PulseView comes up but locks up requiring a kill -9.
 The Windows installer works as expected and the installation includes
zadig to install a generic driver for the 'unknown device'. Start
PulseView and it finds the device.
 Years ago RadioShack had a USB oscilloscope that more or less sucked. This
isn't comparable to a high end logic analyzer but it certainly is
sufficient to see a varying PWM output, or in this case 3 since I was
driving the pins on a RGB LED.
 I probably could get it working on Linux but with the yearly disruption of
my circadian rhythm I'm feeling lazy. I really wish the pols could take a
break from their regular bullshit to bury DST in a deep, dark grave.
Is this something that by any chance could be used to get same information that sophisticated OBD-II (On-Board Diagnostics) scanners or readers get for status of various functions in automobiles? The latter are $1000 or $2000 in price (if not more), and this one is only $12.69.