On-Topic: How to Boot My Network

Sujet : On-Topic: How to Boot My Network
De : ff (at) *nospam* linux.rocks (Farley Flud)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 13. Mar 2024, 22:09:40
Most denizens of this NG are distro lackeys and thus they
don't know what the fuck is going on.

But I am MASTER of my GNU/Linux machine and I will reveal
how I connect my standalone desktop workstation to the network
(i.e. the machine is connected to the Internet modem and to
other local machines through a router).

First, the basic network connect script:

#! /bin/bash
modprobe <appropiate module> && modprobe af_packet
ifconfig eno1 192.168.0.2 netmask 255.255.255.0
route add -net default gateway 192.168.0.1
pdnsd -d
netstat -nr

That's it.  Just four fucking lines of bash code and
I am good to go.  (The fifth line just prints an
informative message about the connection.)

But that's not really all.  There are other files
involved, like /etc/hosts.conf:

order hosts, bind
multi off

Also, /etc/resolv.conf:

nameserver 127.0.0.1

Yes, my nameserver is my local machine due to the
use of pdnds, which is a caching nameserver.

But that is basically fucking it.

How does the distro lackey boot his network?

Most likely he depends on 1 million lines of systemd
to accomplish the above.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

Now don't you wish that you were a MASTER rather
than a LACKEY?

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!