Re: iconv "versions"

Sujet : Re: iconv "versions"
De : OFeem1987 (at) *nospam* teleworm.us (Chris Ahlstrom)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 16. Mar 2024, 17:38:00
Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 06:39:04 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

The @ indicates the array index of the offending sequence ...

What exactly are the byte values at that point?

Actually, the error turned out not to be due to iconv() and its versions.
Somehow my test script bypassed a bad de.po file.

It specified a charset of UTF-8, but "file" showed it to be an ISO-8859-1
file.

Correcting the file fixed that error.

Leaving it uncorrected for testing.

Just goes to show you, it's generally better to blame one's setup than
a long-standing library.

I wonder how "file" figures out the encoding. Keep scanning for characters
until the file end, "file" gives up, or "file" finds an encoded character?

Thanks for keep me pounding on this issue!

--
Knucklehead: "Knock, knock"
Pee Wee: "Who's there?"