Re: Back From the Dead

Sujet : Re: Back From the Dead
De : bowman (at) *nospam* montana.com (rbowman)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 19. Mar 2024, 01:12:23
On Mon, 18 Mar 2024 18:01:23 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

I used an Aspire (single core) at work with Linux on it and it ran
Solidworks in a Windows virtual machine surprisingly well.

This is a Core i5 4700UM, 2 cores, 4 threads, 1.3 GHz. I misspoke; the
eeePC is the 900 MHz Celeron. It does okay for a 14 year old processor and
isn't that far behind today's 11" offerings.

https://laptops251.com/best-11-inch-laptops/

No touch screen but I can live without that. The price was right -- a
couple of hours to download the Lubuntu iso and install it. The default
install is lightweight. Installing the Arduino IDE pulled in a lot since
it needs the JRE, gcc, avr-gcc, and a bunch of other stuff.