Re: This FOSS Thang :-)

Sujet : Re: This FOSS Thang :-)
De : OFeem1987 (at) *nospam* teleworm.us (Chris Ahlstrom)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 21. Mar 2024, 16:27:15
rbowman wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

On Wed, 20 Mar 2024 19:56:52 -0400, DFS wrote:

"Theory" says Linux users update the code to make their apps and
desktops look and behave the way they want.

Why update code when you can simply update the configuration?

"Observed reality" PROVES they don't.

Induction doesn't prove anything except in mathematics. It might indicate that
something is probable.

Speaking personally I have to agree. Unless it's something hideous like
dark mode I use whatever comes out of the box.

I'm not sure what triumph there is in DFS's claim above.

--
You will be misunderstood by everyone.