Re: Why Python When There Is Perl?

Sujet : Re: Why Python When There Is Perl?
De : bowman (at) *nospam* montana.com (rbowman)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 22. Mar 2024, 04:16:24
On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 06:51:21 -0000 (UTC), Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

Sorry, not quite. The article was entitled “Real Programmers Don’t Use
Pascal”, and it was a sendup of a book that was doing the rounds at the
time, called “Real Men Don’t Eat Quiche”.

Obviously because Pascal was considered the programming-language
equivalent of quiche.

Pascal was good for my bottom line. The University of Maine used it for a
didactic language and Sprague Electric's tantalum capacitor operation in
Sanford ME preferred to hire UM engineers. Whatever its didactic benefits
Pascal wasn't great at process control.  I'm having a senior moment over
the correct Pascal terminology but I developed ddl's that could talk to
real world machinery and instrumentation.