Re: New Kernel and a Busy Day for Gentoo

Sujet : Re: New Kernel and a Busy Day for Gentoo
De : sc (at) *nospam* fiat-linux.fr (Stéphane CARPENTIER)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 24. Mar 2024, 01:37:59
Le 21-03-2024, Farley Flud <ff@linux.rocks> a écrit :
On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 09:10:05 -0000 (UTC), vallor wrote:

Gentoo is a distro, Mr. "distro lackey". :/

As I have indicated many times before,

Repeating something doesn't make it right.

Gentoo Portage
can be used by anyone, anytime, and anywhere that is
totally independent of a Gentoo "distro."

So what? apt, apt-get, snap, distrobox, nix, pacman can be used by any
distro. It doesn't mean debian, ubuntu, nixos, fedora or archlinux
aren't distros.

At first, like most GNU/Linux users, I was dependent
on a distro.

Not only at first.

But over time I have learned how to
build my own distro, thanks to Linux From Scratch (LFS)
and other sources.

Your videos don't support your claim.

That's the incredible strength of FOSS.  One can
mix and match -- if one knows what the fuck they
are doing.

Yes, FOSS strength, not your strength.

That excludes YOU.

And you.

YOU are a true distro lackey

Like you.

that is totally incapable of doing anything independently.

From what you show, you are incapable of doing anything even with the
help of your distro.

GCC versions are totally irrelevant.  The only exception
is that external kernel modules, e.g. nvidia, need
to be compiled with the same GCC major version (I think)
as the kernel.

Why do you use nvidia? It's not FOSS.

--
Si vous avez du temps à perdre :