Re: BunsenLabs Linux

Sujet : Re: BunsenLabs Linux
De : OFeem1987 (at) *nospam* teleworm.us (Chris Ahlstrom)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 17. Apr 2024, 15:03:29
RonB wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

I've got a Wyse 5070 thin client coming, that (when I get it) will only have
16 GBs of storage. (It does take an M.2. 2280 SSD, so it won't stay that way
for long, but I was curious what distribution I could install on the 16 GB
limit and still have some room to do things.)

Ran into BunsenLabs Linux. Very small, based on Debian 12, and a nice,
clean, well configured OpenBox desktop. So I tried it (there is a live
trial) and liked it — then decided to replace my Ubuntu server SSD, formerly
a Windows 10 SSD (since BunsenLabs Linux gives you the option to install the
LAMP stack as part of the installation process). A light desktop and Debian
server together, pretty nice.

One thing that I did run into (for the first time) was screen tearing. Now I
know what they're talking about. I guess it is a common issue in OpenBox,
but there was a fix — I ran its compositor (Picom) with the option
"--experimental backend" and that fixed it.

https://www.bunsenlabs.org/

This was originally based on CrunchBang Linux, but CrunchBang was never this
slick.

  +1

Thanks for that information!

--
You like to form new friendships and make new acquaintances.