Re: Windows 11 slammed for its 'comically bad' performance even on high-end hardware

Sujet : Re: Windows 11 slammed for its 'comically bad' performance even on high-end hardware
De : recscuba_google (at) *nospam* huntzinger.com (-hh)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 20. Apr 2024, 01:07:10
Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us> wrote:
-hh wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us> wrote:
rbowman wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

https://betanews.com/2024/04/12/windows-11-slammed-for-its-comically-bad-performance-even-on-high-end-hardware/

https://betanews.com/2024/04/13/microsoft-improves-windows-11-by-bringing-ads-to-the-start-menu/

Just saying...   If anything betanews is Windows-centric although Brian
Fagioli does cover Linux topics sometimes.

Haw haw haw!

I noticed on my work laptop (thankfully now returned to the corporate tech
depot to be foisted upon some unsuspecting employee) that searches from
the start-menu would include crap from the internet.

I can recall Apple trying that same “I’m being helpful!” Web-centric BS on
MacOS.
Found & Disabled it years ago.

Meantime, you’re just starting retirement life .. still in the “feels like
time off” phase.  Suggest you do more work-related housekeeping to
purge/store whatever work stuff, else you’ll never get to it.

Already done. Practically all of the stuff was on the laptop anyway,
and copying it off to a stick or printing it to my home printer were not
allowed.

If one really wanted to retain whatever, there’s invariably ways to do so.

As far as time-off, well I'm codin' like a sunnovabitch!

So long that it’s something you enjoy.  Just remember that if there’s
“bucket list”-esque activities which you want to do, we’re not getting any
younger, so “do the hard stuff” while you’re still physically able to -
life can throw some real curveballs that are quickly disruptive to plans.

-hh

-hh