Re: Attention All Gentoo Men!

Sujet : Re: Attention All Gentoo Men!
De : sc (at) *nospam* fiat-linux.fr (Stéphane CARPENTIER)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 27. Apr 2024, 21:25:50
Le 27-04-2024, Diego Garcia <dg@chaos.rocks> a écrit :
On 27 Apr 2024 16:16:21 GMT, Stéphane CARPENTIER wrote:

Why were you so concerned with the xz bug (which you believed was a xv
bug by the way)?

The xz backdoor is a fascinating example of both bash scripting and
C programming as well as a great insight into the ELF linking process.

That's only half of the story. Technically speaking it's an interesting
backdoor. It's as interesting socially speaking than technically
speaking.

I learned a lot by studying the analysis.

Yes, I saw that. Like how you tried to analyse the compile code to try
to understand how it works when the source code is available. That was a
good one, yes. Really funny to read. And to see how you stopped halfway
because it was too difficult for you was funny too: "I'm the best
programmer in the all world but can't go further in the analyse because
I know nothing about network and it's difficult to understand how ssh
works without basic network knowledge. I'm surprise to discover that sso
is related to network somewhere. Who could have guessed?" Yes, I read
this message and it gave me a really good laugh. Thanks for that.

But YOU are not a programmer

Neither are you. And it doesn't require a great deal of knowledge to
know more than you about programming.

and YOU can't gain anything from this fantastic, though nefarious,
example.

Once again, unlike you who is proud to show your lack of technically
abilities, you know nothing about what I can do and what I can't do.

YOU can only allow a distro to take you by the hand.

Like, you. But unlike you, I can use my distro to use my computer as I
want. You manage to have a computer who can't do anything except failing
miserably in trying to compile your kernel.

--
Si vous avez du temps à perdre :
https://scarpet42.gitlab.io