Re: Japanese Masters of FOSS

Sujet : Re: Japanese Masters of FOSS
De : sc (at) *nospam* fiat-linux.fr (Stéphane CARPENTIER)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 30. Apr 2024, 21:32:48
Le 29-04-2024, Lester Thorpe <lt@gnu.rocks> a écrit :
Japanese programmers have contributed some of the very, very best
FOSS packages.

Two of the programs which I find indispensable and which I have used
for many years are:

Sylpheed
https://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/en/

Aria2
https://aria2.github.io/

These programs are nothing less than superb and they are both
the products of Japan.

If anyone knows of any other Japanese FOSS contributions then
please report in this thread.

There is something called a programming language. I'm not surprised you
never heard of it. It's not that popular now, it was more popular some
years ago. But I believe any real programmer (ie: not you) have heard of
it.

--
Si vous avez du temps à perdre :
https://scarpet42.gitlab.io