Re: Linux Desktop. Why No One Wants It.

Sujet : Re: Linux Desktop. Why No One Wants It.
De : bowman (at) *nospam* montana.com (rbowman)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 04. May 2024, 19:34:07
On Sat, 04 May 2024 15:28:49 +0000, Farley Flud wrote:

Gentoo released a new version of its Live GUI USB:

https://distfiles.gentoo.org/releases/amd64/autobuilds/20240407T165048Z/
livegui-amd64-20240407T165048Z.iso

Just dd to a thumb drive and check it out.

I did and what did I see?

The Live GUI is based on KDE and the first thing that greeted me was
this:

"The KDE mascot Konqui welcomes you ..."

A "cutesy" icon of some silly animal was situated on top.

What the fuck is this juvenile bullshit?  Saturday morning cartoons?

That must be your beloved Gentoo. I had to google for Konqui to find out
what it is despite using several KDE based distros including the current
Fedora 40 KDE spin.

The default wallpaper on my machine is a trail winding through a forest.
If I replaced it with one of my photos it would be very similar, although
not a hardwood forest.