Re: Linux Desktop. Why No One Wants It.

Sujet : Re: Linux Desktop. Why No One Wants It.
De : sc (at) *nospam* fiat-linux.fr (Stéphane CARPENTIER)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 05. May 2024, 10:17:37
Le 04-05-2024, Farley Flud <ff@linux.rocks> a écrit :

The Live GUI is based on KDE and the first thing that greeted me
was this:
[/SNIP/]
WTF!  Listen, assholes!  The twilight sky is NOT azure!!!

Two things:
- First, the Gentoo maintainers aren't here, so your message is, like
  you, useless.
- Second, are you unable to do what everyone does? I mean, changing the
  picture of your background? That would explain the empty black screen
  you display.

It was enough to make me almost puke.

As I remember, you shit in your basement, so if you puke at the same
time, it should very unhealthy. Is it your way to keep your mother far
away from it?

I can only imagine the reaction of first-time Linux users
when they see this junk.  They would not be at all impressed.
They would just walk away.

The first time Linux users aren't looking at the picture of the
background for hours. They try to use Linux, so they open applications
and the background is hidden by the applications. So it doesn't matter
that much. Except on your computer where you are so surprised when it
works that you're afraid to open anything. And the background is the
only thing that matters on your computer. I'm surprised to see you never
managed to put something that suits you. Like a picture of you puking or
shitting. Or a picture of your pet dog the terrorist.

I've never experienced the GNOME DE but it must be just
as juvenile and listless.

With Gnome, like with KDE, you can change the background. So the choice
of the background by the end-users can't be blamed on the Gnome and KDE
devs. And your inability to change the defaults of your distro, when
everyone else in the world can, provide more insight of your limitation
than of the tastes of the distro maintainers.

--
Si vous avez du temps à perdre :
https://scarpet42.gitlab.io