Re: Avdiivka WAS a Ukrainian city.

Sujet : Re: Avdiivka WAS a Ukrainian city.
De : ronb02NOSPAM (at) *nospam* gmail.com (RonB)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 15. May 2024, 15:46:47
On 2024-05-15, Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch> wrote:
On Wed, 15 May 2024 03:10:30 -0700, Relf wrote:

DFS: Avdiivka is a Ukrainian city

Avdiivka WAS a Ukrainian city; Russia owns it now.

It was Russian city for most of its existence. I think Khrushchev "gifted" it
to Ukraine in 1954 — but the citizens were still Russian speakers and part
of Russian culture. The illegal coup government we helped put into power
demanded these Russian speakers not speak Russian anymore. The regions of
Ukraine rejected the new, illegal coup government.

Hooray?

Decades ago, Vietnam fell to "The Communists" (China/Russia);
now, it's the most "capitalist" (Pro_American) country in the world.

Is that where they build the Vinfast electric cars? I only recently
learned that it was a Vietnamese car company.

--
[Self-centered, Woke] "pride is a life of self-destructive fakery, an
entrapment to a false and self-created matrix of twisted unreality."