Re: "You may not..."

Sujet : Re: "You may not..."
De : OFeem1987 (at) *nospam* teleworm.us (Chris Ahlstrom)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 16. May 2024, 19:12:08
DFS wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

GPL 3

<snip>

Win 11 Pro

<snip>

The Windows EULA is a straightforward legal contract, while the GPL is a
pile of nonsense.

First... Apples and oranges. A general license applicable to all GPL'ed
software whether for usage or development, versus a specific product license
restrictly solely to usage. You can't change a byte of Windows code yourself.

Second... You are free to choose GPL 2 if desired, as Linus Torvalds has done.
It's a bit less restrictive.

And you actually simplified it a bit, as there are also GNU Free Documenation
and Library GPL licenses.

If I were you, Winboi, I'd hire an attorney :-D

--
Your own qualities will help prevent your advancement in the world.