Windows: major league Linux: playing catch in the back yard

Sujet : Windows: major league Linux: playing catch in the back yard
De : nospam (at) *nospam* dfs.com (DFS)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 23. May 2024, 16:29:04
"I develop on linux for a living, but I used to work on games and am also familiar with windows development tools. I am very familiar with perf. If WPA is the major leagues, perf is playing catch in the back yard.
So far in my career I have never met anyone with experience of both linux and windows development who thinks linux is even in the same league. The tools you have on windows are simply amazing. I used to work at Microsoft, then at Google and now Waymo, many of my colleagues are people I knew from Microsoft. We often talk wistfully about what it was like to have great tools back in the day, now that we're all stuck with linux/android/whatever."
https://www.reddit.com/r/rust/comments/hrqr36/comment/fy9ywto/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button
MS is doomed by perf