Re: The Only DE For REAL MEN

Sujet : Re: The Only DE For REAL MEN
De : sc (at) *nospam* fiat-linux.fr (Stéphane CARPENTIER)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 24. May 2024, 22:47:08
Le 24-05-2024, Farley Flud <ff@linux.rocks> a écrit :
On 24 May 2024 17:53:11 GMT, Stéphane CARPENTIER wrote:

You are really late. Xterm is obsolete. Midnight Commander is useless.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

Only for technically incompetent idiots like you.

The difference between us is I know the tools you are striving to try to
use when you don't know the basics.

Than Midnight Commander? It's too heavy.

That's just your sluggish intelligence.  MC, in the right hands,
is blazingly fast and efficient.  It will beat any FM hands down.

But, of course, you don't have the "right hands."

Let say it another way. Midnight Commander is a TUI making you believe
you don't need a GUI. But you're, once again, a useless GUI addict
trying to say that CLI is best when you are unable to use it.

You pretend you have the "right hands" to use a terminal, but you can't
because one of your hand is glued to your mouse. So you have only one
hand to use your terminal and like your videos show: it's inefficient.

Than Xterm? A lot. Unlike you, I don't want to use my mouse when I'm
using my terminal. So xterm is deprecated.

Then configure it, idiot.

There are limitations with xterm. Not only configuration issues. But as
your knowledge is limited to the GUI environment, you don't know the
alternatives. Alacritty and kitty are far superior to xterm for reasons
you'll never be able to imagine. Xterm is like you, stuck in the past.
If I don't need my mouse it's not because it's too modern, it's because
it's less efficient. And is was obvious in your videos: you are slow in
your way to use Linux.

There are new things that are better than old ones and I'm using them.
Not because they are new but because they are more efficient. When you
are using old stuff only because you can't follow the modernity.

See below.

There is nothing interesting. Tell me: how can I use my keyboard to copy
the result of the last command with xterm? Without using my mouse? It's
not displayed in your limited configuration. With Alacritty, it's easy:
[Shit]+[Ctrl]+[Space], [arrow up], [Shift]+[V] and [Y] (the [Shift]+[V]
and [Y] are the same as in vim, so there is nothing new to learn). In
Kitty [Shift]+[CTRL]+[G] and the result is opened in vim, so I use vim
to copy it.

With xterm, it's impossible. If your last command results in an error
message, you have to use your mouse to copy it and paste it in your
browser. Because it's, like you, too limited.

--
Si vous avez du temps à perdre :
https://scarpet42.gitlab.io