Re: The Only DE For REAL MEN

Sujet : Re: The Only DE For REAL MEN
De : joelcrump (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Joel)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 25. May 2024, 12:44:49
Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch> wrote:
On 2024-05-24 5:59 p.m., Stéphane CARPENTIER wrote:
Le 24-05-2024, Farley Flud <ff@linux.rocks> a écrit :
On 24 May 2024 20:47:08 GMT, Stéphane CARPENTIER wrote:

There is nothing interesting. Tell me: how can I use my keyboard to copy
the result of the last command with xterm?

Just do:

command > file 2>&1

This has been the case with Unix since time immemorial.

What a joke. You are still able to surprise me.

It's like you, slow, inefficient and useless. It would be faster to use
a mouse thant to do it your way and that's why you still use a GUI when
you pretend a CLI is better: because you don't know the right tools.

I provided you two ways (one in Alacritty and one in Kitty) to copy the
result of the last command with a few shortcut to be able to paste it in
a browser. With your way, I would have to launch again the command and
changing the way it's called to be able to have the error message saved
in a file. Then, I have to open the file with vim. Then I have to copy
the message from vim. Then, I have to delete the file to avoid having
too many garbage on my disk.

So, thanks for proving my point, with Kitty or Alacritty, it's twice
faster than with xterm and I'm right to tell it's obsolete thanks for
your confirmation.

You are just an idiot that cannot use basic tools.

I'm using the right tools. You don't use the right tools because you
don't know them. And like your videos show, you don't use the basic
tools neither because your way is too clumsy and it's why you are using
a GUI when a CLI would be better.

Take your "modern" anti-Unix solutions and stuff them up your rectum.

Alacritty and Kitty are terminals, not GUI. You are the one using GUI
pretending you are using CLI.

And you don't understand the UNIX way. The Unix way is to exchange
between application. Which xterm can't do as you proved with your
answer. Unlike Alacritty and Kitty which provide a lot of good way to be
efficient.

Your way is the exact reason the -highthorse believe that apple is
faster than the command line.

I am more productive with xterm and mc than you could
ever dream with your "modern" garbage.

Nope. You are ten time slower than me. I saw it in your video. In your
video, you didn't used midnight commander because you are unable to
really use it. In your video, you barely used a terminal because you
can't master it. If you had used only your terminal and midnight
commander in your video (like you pretend you do), you would have been a
hundred time slower than me just struggling to understand how to use it.

Stéphane, pourquoi gaspilles-tu autant de temps avec ce crétin ?

Good question, why do any of us waste time, with any others of us?  I
know you killfiled me for being a fag, but why can't we just form a
consensus that, at least, Larry's computer sucks balls.  It's just too
ridiculous, the way he preaches his fried-brain mantra of using
Gentoo, as if using a modern distro, like Mint, is so wrong.

--
Joel W. Crump

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

[...] No state shall make or enforce any law which shall
abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the
United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of
life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;
nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal
protection of the laws.

Dobbs rewrites this, it is invalid precedent.  States are
liable for denying needed abortions, e.g. TX.