Nvidia Taints The Kernel

Sujet : Nvidia Taints The Kernel
De : dg (at) *nospam* chaos.rocks (Diego Garcia)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 02. Jun 2024, 18:28:43
For those of you that use the Nvidia binary blob, you will notice
the following message in your kernel logs after X is started.

The message is NOT an error message; it is purely informative:

kernel: nvidia: module license 'NVIDIA' taints kernel.
kernel: Disabling lock debugging due to kernel taint
kernel: nvidia: module license taints kernel.

The "taint" warning is because the Nvidia module is not a part
of the kernel tree.

Nvidia is the ONLY out-of-tree module that I use.  Its performance
beats everything else.  Check this out for a 2K screen:

__GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK=0 glxgears -fullscreen

251510 frames in 5.0 seconds = 50301.891 FPS
252113 frames in 5.0 seconds = 50422.602 FPS
251475 frames in 5.0 seconds = 50294.918 FPS
251665 frames in 5.0 seconds = 50332.980 FPS

Holy godzilla mutherfuckers!  And I am using "old" Nvidia hardware:

NVIDIA Corporation TU116 [GeForce GTX 1660 Ti]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_16_series

Post your glxgears numbers -- if you dare,

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

Distro lackeys haven't a fucking clue what crippled shit has been
shoved up their asses.  For one thing, all their logging is done via
the bloated systemd.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!