Re: Gentoo Takes Good Care Of Its SOPHISTICATED Users

Sujet : Re: Gentoo Takes Good Care Of Its SOPHISTICATED Users
De : bowman (at) *nospam* montana.com (rbowman)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 02. Jun 2024, 18:59:32
On Sun, 2 Jun 2024 13:41:25 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:

If that's the case, I would suggest you buy British cars and motorcycles
(if there are still any made in England). I liked my Sunbeam Alpine and
my Triumph Bonneville, but they definitely required constant tinkering.
Fun to drive/ride though.

You have to pick carefully to avoid Thairumphs.

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/features/bikes/where-
was-your-triumph-motorcycle-made

So what bikes are assembled here in the UK?

“The Speed Triples, Tiger Sports, Explorers, Rocket IIIs and Daytonas. The
decision of what to build where comes partly from logistics – if the vast
majority of the market is Europe or US based, it makes more sense to
manufacture in the UK. If the volume is elsewhere, it might make more
sense to build it in Thailand.

The Norton relaunch ended in embezzlement and fraud. TVS (India) bought
the smoking wreckage and the Commandos are back in production made in the
UK.

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/bikes/norton-commando-961-first-
look-2023/

I don't think they've made it to the US yet. I'm not sure about British
cars, or at least British badges. I'm not sure the Brits actually own any
of them, which may be an improvement. I never had a Brit bike but I did
have the requisite sports car, a AH Sprite. It was fun at the time.

That jogged my memory. I'd added two decals in front of each door, a US
flag upside down. Nothing has changed.