Re: The urxvt experiment

Sujet : Re: The urxvt experiment
De : candycanearter07 (at) *nospam* candycanearter07.nomail.afraid (candycanearter07)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 02. Jun 2024, 20:55:03
Borax Man <rotflol2@hotmail.com> wrote at 10:25 this Friday (GMT):
On 2024-05-30, candycanearter07 <candycanearter07@candycanearter07.nomail.afraid> wrote:
Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us> wrote at 20:57 this Thursday (GMT):
I decided to replace xfce4-terminal with urxvt (rxvt-unicode). No real issues,
just some usage differences like no right-click to copy URLs, and using
Ctrl-Alt-C to copy text to paste into a browser, and Ctrl-Alt-V to paste it
into urxvt. That was on the out-of-date Ubuntu laptop.

Note: I use the Super-T to spawn a terminal with tmux running in it.

On Arch Linux, running urxvt with tmux yields an output of

    "10;rgb:2000/ff00/2000]11;rgb:0000/0000/0000"

which is presented as a command. Have to hit Enter to continue normally.

Looking into it, it is not a tmux problem, but a urxvt problem.

I found a series of Arch-related commands to patch urxvt and reinstall it.
Not important here to show them. But patching and building an Arch package
worked fine. The only real issue is why the uxrvt patch is not yet a part
of the Arch package.

Weird, I don't have anything like that.

I've been using urxvt for many years now, and never had this either.
I use tmux quite a bit too.  I'm not using Arch btw.

Me neither, I'm using Debian now.