Re: XZ-UTILS-5.6.2

Sujet : Re: XZ-UTILS-5.6.2
De : ronb02NOSPAM (at) *nospam* gmail.com (RonB)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 03. Jun 2024, 01:30:33
On 2024-06-02, candycanearter07 <candycanearter07@candycanearter07.nomail.afraid> wrote:
Farley Flud <ff@linux.rocks> wrote at 11:24 this Saturday (GMT):
Xz-utils-5.6.2 is released.  The backdoor is removed.

5.6.2 is already in Gentoo.

The poor distro lackeys, however, will have to wait until their sluggish
distros approve the release.

Ahahahahahahahahahaha!

For now, it's locked to 5.4..so at least they're doing something. Isn't
Xz somewhat underused nowadays anyways?

Linux Mint (both 20.x and 21.x) are still using Xz-Utils in the 5.2 range.
Which means Linux Mint never had to deal with the backdoor issue. There are
advantages to "trailing edge" (stable) Linux releases.

I don't even know if I ever actually use Xz-Utils. Probably somewhere in the
background? I'm sure not bragging about which version I'm using though.

--
[Self-centered, Woke] "pride is a life of self-destructive fakery, an
entrapment to a false and self-created matrix of twisted unreality."