Re: Gentoo Takes Good Care Of Its SOPHISTICATED Users

Sujet : Re: Gentoo Takes Good Care Of Its SOPHISTICATED Users
De : bowman (at) *nospam* montana.com (rbowman)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 05. Jun 2024, 03:09:43
On Tue, 04 Jun 2024 16:07:29 -0500, chrisv wrote:

Same with my SV650, which I _finally_ got a windshield for, this year.
Tired of fighting the wind, especially on the freeway.

I was surprised how much the plastic on the V-Strom helps. I'd tried
handlebar mounted windscreens and they can be worse than nothing in gusty
crosswinds. I've got a BajaWorx on the DR650 that is mostly an extension
of the little fairing above the headlight. It's not too bad. DOT knobbies
and a 650 cc thumper don't add to the creature comforts on the freeway
anyway.

https://www.bajaworx.com/rally-windshield.html

The windshield experiment on the Sportster didn't work well using a
generic National model I had on the Yamaha.

The first few times on the V-Strom felt a little weird when the bars
turned but the windshield didn't but it works well.