Re: Nobara

Sujet : Re: Nobara
De : vallor (at) *nospam* cultnix.org (vallor)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 05. Jun 2024, 19:25:35
On Wed, 5 Jun 2024 16:05:07 -0000 (UTC), vallor <vallor@cultnix.org> wrote
in <v3q2bj$10r0j$2@dont-email.me>:

Which Nobara spin to test?  There are three:

Original KDE special theme
Vanilla Gnome
Vanilla KDE

?

Just tried the original spin -- Wayland keeps freezing
up on me using the nouveau driver.  (Never got the chance to
get it on the NVIDIA binary blob.)

Most importantly, the networking is stupid.  I don't know
if that's Fedora or Nobara, but it hangs looking for a DHCP
address on my SAN connection.  I configured my Synology Diskstation
to give it an address, so I got past that, and to the point
where I could set up the Internet connection semi-manually.

Also, I did see the warning about "Nobara 39" being past
end-of-life, which I assume is based on Fedora 39's timetable.

What it *has* done is inspired me to look at modern Plasma as
a desktop.  I liked what I saw from the pinnable menus.

TL;DR: wait for Nobara 40.

--
-v