Re: Kaspersky releases free tool that scans Linux for known threat

Sujet : Re: Kaspersky releases free tool that scans Linux for known threat
De : pursent100 (at) *nospam* gmail.com (%)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 06. Jun 2024, 03:51:20
RonB wrote:
On 2024-06-06, rbowman <bowman@montana.com> wrote:
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/software/kaspersky-releases-free-
tool-that-scans-linux-for-known-threats/

https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/free-virus-removal-tool

Disclaimer: The EULA was a little too much for me. The intent probably is
to upload what it classifies as viruses for analysis which is what most
AVs do but I didn't like the phrasing. There is a point where CYA
boilerplate is counterproductive.
 No thanks. I tried Kaspersky before. It was invasive just like the other
anti-virus applications. Pretty much a virus in its own right when trying to
get rid of it.
 I just use Clam when I want to make sure I'm not passing a Windows virus on
to another Windows machine.

they do take hold and lock on don't they