Re: "My kids hate the Linux challenge"

Sujet : Re: "My kids hate the Linux challenge"
De : vallor (at) *nospam* cultnix.org (vallor)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 06. Jun 2024, 07:36:28
On Wed, 5 Jun 2024 15:35:09 -0400, Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch> wrote
in <R538O.39349$Inzb.35083@fx13.iad>:

Since I'm such a terrible shill and stuff.

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS25mCLyQyk>

I have NOT had a stable Linux experience.

<https://youtu.be/rVmJooy5NiU?si=2D0FfhbhrXMFRwvP>

Looks like the Linux community charmed Linus

<https://youtu.be/fJB9fdXWiiw?si=0-JlvJROJyfG2hNF>

So here is the actual "part 1":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0506yDSgU7M

I've see this.  Linus hoses X11 on Pop!_OS, so he goes
with Manjaro.

The other guy has much better luck with Linux Mint.  He
says "that wasn't much of a challenge" to installing
and getting a game running (FTL).

Incidentally, in the other videos above -- you know,
that whole "my kids hate" thing -- the problem
is Linus won't buy Minecraft on Steam, because he
already bought it for non-Steam, and you can't
move the key from one launcher to the other.  I don't
think it's fair to blame Linux for that.

--
-v