Re: The entire history of GuhNoo/FOSS/Linux hobbyware in 3 words

Sujet : Re: The entire history of GuhNoo/FOSS/Linux hobbyware in 3 words
De : bowman (at) *nospam* montana.com (rbowman)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 10. Jun 2024, 01:46:45
On Sun, 09 Jun 2024 18:36:15 -0400, Joel wrote:

I just want a platform that is consistent, Winblows really isn't that,
it's ever-evolving, too quickly, dead-ending machines version-wise.
Linux doesn't do that.  I *could* still be using my old computer, today,
it's nice to have this one, but I had that thing running Mint very well,
just before its retirement.

I think Fedora is trying to catch up. I'd not updated for a couple of days
and yesterday was 535 packages with a 1.3 GB download. Looking at the
packages I get the impression Plasma 6, Qt 5, and Wayland aren't playing
too well together.

If Glorious Eggroll is trying to work his nobara magic on Fedora 40 he may
have his work cut out for him. If it was my main machine I would have
waited a few months before upgrading from 39. I'm definitely not jumping
to Ubuntu 24 for a while.