Re: The entire history of GuhNoo/FOSS/Linux hobbyware in 3 words

Sujet : Re: The entire history of GuhNoo/FOSS/Linux hobbyware in 3 words
De : bowman (at) *nospam* montana.com (rbowman)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 10. Jun 2024, 20:15:47
On Mon, 10 Jun 2024 07:38:32 -0400, Andrzej Matuch wrote:

The paragraph above should be read by anyone considering moving to
Linux. Don't install the latest release because most of it has not yet
been sorted out by the developers. None of it comes with any kind of
warranty, and they mean it.

I'll agree with that. My production machine at work is Debian, which is a
conservative distro. Even that is Debian 11, not the current 'bookworm'. I
like stable. It gets some updates but not major parts of the system.

My Fedora box is an experiment and I knew what I was getting into.

I ran openSUSE 13.2 for years, long after it went out of support, with no
problems. One difference from Windows is SUSE doesn't give a damn if you
move to the latest version or not.