Re: The entire history of GuhNoo/FOSS/Linux hobbyware in 3 words

Sujet : Re: The entire history of GuhNoo/FOSS/Linux hobbyware in 3 words
De : bowman (at) *nospam* montana.com (rbowman)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 11. Jun 2024, 03:57:32
On Mon, 10 Jun 2024 16:35:47 -0400, Andrzej Matuch wrote:

Anyone who's read my posts around here will know that I have nothing
negative to say about openSUSE. Behind the scenes, they're very woke and
believe in diversity hiring, keeping Whites down and the rest, but the
distribution is strong. I notice that the developers of asusctl also
support it officially, so it would be a good idea to try that one again
during my next "I love Linux!" migration.

While digging around in the shed yesterday I came across a SUSE Linux 8.1
Professional box, $79.95 from Best Buy. Those were the days, real live
installation media and a hardcopy manual. I'd switched from Red Hat Linux
after the gcc 2.96 fiasco in RHL 7. (not RHEL 7).  That was before Novell
bought them.

I ran 13.2 until Feb 2023. I'd never upgraded to Leap and with no way
forward except a fresh install I put Ubuntu on a new box. I put a SSD in
the SUSE box and did a clean Fedora install so it's still hanging out on
the HDD.

I prefer KDE so it was a natural but I don't know if I'd go back to it.