The Problem With Closed Source

Sujet : The Problem With Closed Source
De : dg (at) *nospam* chaos.rocks (Diego Garcia)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 13. Jun 2024, 19:40:02
I wanted to try the image viewer XnView for Linux:

https://www.xnview.com/en/xnviewmp/

It is closed source but they provide various versions: RPM, deb,
and tgz.

I download the tgz and find this fucking shit:

[build]# ldd XnView | grep not
        liblibraw.so.1 => not found
        libmdk.so.0 => not found
        libc++.so.1 => not found
        libQt5MultimediaWidgets.so.5 => not found
        libQt5QuickWidgets.so.5 => not found
        libQt5X11Extras.so.5 => not found
        libQt5Qml.so.5 => not found

What the friggin' frappin' fuck!

Qt5 is already deprecated.  Libc++ is from LLVM and not the usual
libstdc++ from GCC.

And what the fuck is libmdk?

This idiot XnView developer does not how to package his junk for
the sophisticated GNU/Linux user.

What he should do is provide the source and a list or prereq's so
that the program can be built on site without dependency problems.

Fuck closed source.

Either release the source code or else fuck yourself.

Geeqie and XZGV are far better than this XnView junk.