Re: Why Unicode is Shit

Sujet : Re: Why Unicode is Shit
De : sc (at) *nospam* fiat-linux.fr (Stéphane CARPENTIER)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 15. Jun 2024, 14:43:44
Le 15-06-2024, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo@nz.invalid> a écrit :
On 14 Jun 2024 23:16:52 GMT, Stéphane CARPENTIER wrote:

Now, 32-bits is an awful lot

Yep.

but it's not FUTURE PROOF.

When will it become saturated?

It won’t.

You didn't understood my questions (you kept only one, but there were
many related questions). I'm not asking you or anyone having any clue
about unicode. I know the answers and he doesn't. So, I'm asking him to
answer me to have fun because his answers would either be stupid or show
how he doesn't know anything.

Now, if you want to answer seriously, why not, but it's less funny. You
can't tell it'll never been saturated because never is a really long
time and you have no way to predict the future. New needs can arrise
you don't know about. But if we take all of the past characters and the
actual ones, we have a lot of places (I don't put the numbers because it
would spoil his answers).

They really did a great job, unlike him I know why, and I want him to
show more of his lack of knowledge.

--
Si vous avez du temps à perdre :
https://scarpet42.gitlab.io