Gentoo Emerge Report 20240615

Sujet : Gentoo Emerge Report 20240615
De : dg (at) *nospam* chaos.rocks (Diego Garcia)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 15. Jun 2024, 22:30:58
Dearest GNU/Linux enthusiasts,

Gentoo emerge, which I do weekly, today brought an update to the
magnificent (and abandoned by the incompetent idiots) programming
language Perl.

But the update also brought distress.  As Perl was bumped from 2.38
to 2.40, suddenly all of my dozens, if not hundreds, of my Perl modules
became instantly obsolete.

Oh no!  What is a poor boy to do?

Fortunately, Gentoo has the solution:

perl-cleaner -v --reallyall

This fantastic utility, perl-cleaner, will examine and update all Perl modules
for the new Perl version, and it will even delete those that are inappropriate.

Once again, Gentoo demonstrates its total superiority over all other distros
by providing a rolling release, built from source, according to user specifications.

With Gentoo, the user is master.

With other distros, the user is slave.

See ya at the plantation, cotton pickers.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!