Re: Note to "Modernists"

Sujet : Re: Note to "Modernists"
De : sc (at) *nospam* fiat-linux.fr (Stéphane CARPENTIER)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 22. Jun 2024, 21:10:54
Le 22-06-2024, Farley Flud <ff@linux.rocks> a écrit :
On 22 Jun 2024 17:39:02 GMT, Stéphane CARPENTIER wrote:

First it's not using xpdf, it's using either mupdf or poppler.

Hey!  I told you earlier that poppler is based on xpdf:

It's based on xpdf, it's not using it. It was a fork, and now, it goes
further. Have you difficulties to understand your own language? I'm here
to improve my English, if native English speakers are unable to master
it, I'll have difficulties to improve. Please learn your own language,
that's all I need. You inability with computers doesn't affect my
learning, it's only adding fun.

Why don't you listen?  Are you mentally retarded?

I'm stupid, that's a fact. But I'm not stupid enough to listening to
you. If I ever believe something you write could be right, the first
thing I do is to check it.

The only one stupid enough to believe in what you say is your pet dog
the terrorist.

Furthermore, mupdf is a product of Artifex, the same group that
produces ghostscript,

So what?

which is another long-established library.

Zathura is more than twenty years old, nothing new neither. A
long-established tool using a long-established library is exactly what
you are looking for.

Thus, zathura is just *another* graphical wrapper around "old"
software.

It's not around old software, it's around old libraries. Nobody is using
directly the libraries to read pdf. One needs some efficient way to use
the libraries and that's zathura's purpose.

I'm not surprised you don't understand the difference. The only thing
you can manage is to look at the pictures once you extracted them.

--
Si vous avez du temps à perdre :
https://scarpet42.gitlab.io