Re: Anyone Using Foxit Reader?

Sujet : Re: Anyone Using Foxit Reader?
De : sc (at) *nospam* fiat-linux.fr (Stéphane CARPENTIER)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 22. Jun 2024, 23:06:40
Le 22-06-2024, Farley Flud <ff@linux.rocks> a écrit :
Foxit Reader for Linux used to be my fave, but Foxit has pulled
the plug on Linux back in 2022.

I'm not surprised. As everything you claim you do otherwise. So you
claim FOSS is best and you use something which became bogus with time if
you don't switch to the paid version. Their website is a peace of shit,
I have no way to access their English version.

Yet it still worked.

You are lucky.

But recently, I've had serious problems and I don't know why.

You are the problem.

Whatever, for me, Foxit Reader is no longer usable.

I'm not surprised: you are unable to chose wisely.

Arch Linux still has a version up dated 2022-08-18:

It's the second time in a few minutes you are relying on Arch Linux. You
are becoming an Arch Linux distro lackey. Be careful.

Does anyone here use Foxit Reader for Linux?

What for? You claimed xpdf was enough and nothing more was needed. Do
you start to see the limitations of using a library compared with a
real viewer? And as zathura is a real Linux FOSS, I don't need to use
your Microsoft proprietary shit.

You just prove what I always said: you are a real Windows advocate.

--
Si vous avez du temps à perdre :
https://scarpet42.gitlab.io