Re: Linux Mint 22 Beta

Sujet : Re: Linux Mint 22 Beta
De : sc (at) *nospam* fiat-linux.fr (Stéphane CARPENTIER)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 29. Jun 2024, 22:35:06
Le 29-06-2024, candycanearter07 <candycanearter07@candycanearter07.nomail.afraid> a écrit :

And feedback is always useful for the devs!

That's not always easy to provide. There are a lot of times I would have
provided feedback but they didn't provide me an acceptable way to give
them. Let's be clear: it's open source, so they do what they want and
they own me nothing. So they do what they want and I don't criticize
their choices. But, I do what I want, too. So, either they really
want my feedback and they provide me an acceptable way or they don't and
ask me to adapt to their conditions. It's their choice, there is no
criticism from my part but I won't adapt.

Unfortunately, the fact is: if one want visibility for an open source
projet, one need to host the project on github. And I don't care if
people are using github to host their projects: they do what they want.
But if the only way to contribute is to open a request on the project,
it means to have an account on github and I care about that. Microsoft
owns github and I refuse to give personal information to Microsoft, so I
refuse to have a github account.

So, if the only way to provide feedback to devs is to use github, they
won't have mine. Their choice. What I mean by acceptable way is global:
I have neither a facebook account for example.

--
Si vous avez du temps à perdre :
https://scarpet42.gitlab.io