Re: Microsoft: one step forward, one step back

Sujet : Re: Microsoft: one step forward, one step back
De : candycanearter07 (at) *nospam* candycanearter07.nomail.afraid (candycanearter07)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 30. Jun 2024, 16:40:03
rbowman <bowman@montana.com> wrote at 04:02 this Friday (GMT):
On Thu, 27 Jun 2024 21:46:54 -0400, RabidPedagog wrote:

. No Linux installer forces you into using the cloud.

Well, sort of... Any distro I've installed lately first sets up an
internet connection so it can phone home and get the rest of its stuff.
The Lubuntu install I did recently was very unhappy with the Broadcomm
wifi chip. I had to use a USB wifi dongle to get to the internet to
install the Broadcomm driver.

That SiSE 8.1 box set I found in the shed was the good old days.
Everything was on the multiple disks in the box.

To be fair, the "full" install is a couple gigabytes more usually. But,
it is just installing packages instead of forcing an account on you.