Re: gnu.org data center outage

Sujet : Re: gnu.org data center outage
De : nospam (at) *nospam* dfs.com (DFS)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 01. Oct 2024, 23:36:51
On 10/1/2024 9:32 AM, vallor wrote:
On Tue, 1 Oct 2024 09:10:45 -0400, DFS <nospam@dfs.com> wrote in
<vdgsce$2nrrm$1@dont-email.me>:

This site can’t be reached www.gnu.org took too long to respond.
Try:

Checking the connection Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

You 'advocates' need to give 'til it hurts.
 https://hostux.social/@fsfstatus/113230041959498522
 ==| We have a network outage at our primary data center,
just about all the services we run are down. The problem
is upstream of our servers. There is no eta at this time
and we don't expect one at least until sometime tomorrow,
but hopefully it is fixed long before that.
Sep 30, 2024, 20:28 |==
 If you're looking for something, grab it off a mirror:
 https://web.archive.org/web/20240929102626/http://www.gnu.org/prep/ftp.html
 BTW:  if you're exhorting others to contribute to GNU, why do you use
GNU software and _not_ contribute?
As far as I can recall, I've never made a cent of income using GuhNoo software.
But I have enjoyed various GPL- or LGPL-licensed apps the last years: Notepad++ (Windows only), SQLite Studio, Linux in WSL, PyQt, SumatraPDF (Windows-only).
I have contributed a fair amt of testing (not prerelease) and bug reports.
Yourself?

What do you have to complain about, freeloader, hmmm?
www.gnu.org is back up.  The world was a better place without it.