Re: load video to youtube

Sujet : Re: load video to youtube
De : tnp (at) *nospam* invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.misc
Date : 17. Sep 2024, 12:15:06
On 17/09/2024 07:50, ambaraba wrote:
On 9/17/24 02:19, John-Paul Stewart wrote:
It's not a "Linux" problem. Instead, it is something about your web
browser that is either breaking the upload itself or perhaps just
failing to update the status display.

It is possible that the upload is happening, even though it says "0%".
Can you monitor network traffic to see if the upload is being sent
despite what the progress line says?

You should also tell us what browser you're using along with any ad
blockers and/or other browser settings that might interfere with
JavaScript code on YouTube.

I can assure you that in general, uploading to YouTube from Linux works
just fine.  I did it yesterday, with an hour-long video nearly a
gigabyte in size.  I was using the Chromium browser with no extensions.
You and Rich are right.
The problem is the browser.
In Linux and in Win I use Firefox .
In Win it's OK in Linux is KO.
Tell me about it. After my bank bought the online share trading firm I used and decided to 'integrate' it with a new website, I was totally unable to access some of it with Firefox under Linux.
For a time I had to use Firefox on an XP virtual machine.,
I reported all the bugs in detail. They never fixed all of them. I moved to a different share trading platform . They still send me statements for the empty account.
I still use the current account and attendant shit web software
Why are people who design websites so insistent on using one pixel wide light grey borders on boxes that need filling out, over a white background ?
And place them at random locations off screen?

If in Linux I use Vivaldi or Chrome the loading is completed in few secs.
I could try FF in Linux with no addons, but honestly because I have a very easy alternative ...
:-)
THANKYOU !
--
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
― Voltaire, Questions sur les Miracles à M. Claparede, Professeur de Théologie à Genève, par un Proposant: Ou Extrait de Diverses Lettres de M. de Voltaire