Re: It's Burning Time Again

Sujet : Re: It's Burning Time Again
De : jmccue (at) *nospam* neutron.jmcunx.com (John McCue)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 25. Sep 2024, 22:44:50
In comp.os.linux.misc Nux Vomica <nv@linux.rocks> wrote:
It's been about 2 years since I've backed up my e-books to optical disk.
<snip>

The "-speed=2" option will keep the burn speed at a minimum which
is much better for creating a faithful reproduction.  But the burn
time will be a few hours, even for 25 Gb.

I knew about this, but I am not sure of the benefit is worth
the time.  If burned correctly then no issues.

I don't use higher capacity bdr, such as 100 Gb, because they may
be more error prone.

I also use M-Disc because it will outlive me (I am 24 years old):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-DISC

Never heard of these, will need to look into these, thanks.

<snip>
--
[t]csh(1) - "An elegant shell, for a more... civilized age."
                        - Paraphrasing Star Wars