Re: Yet Another New systemd Feature

Sujet : Re: Yet Another New systemd Feature
De : nospam (at) *nospam* example.net (D)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.misc
Date : 08. May 2024, 11:54:50
On Tue, 7 May 2024, Marc Haber wrote:

D <nospam@example.net> wrote:
Since you are the expert witness... what is the point of OpenBSD:s doas
instead of sudo? If the two were to battle to the death with the lirpa,
which one would win?

runas is much simpler and thus has less attack surface. Sudo has a
complex parser of a historically grown configuration file format, a
plugin interface. I'd rather not have that in a suid root binary.

When I took over sudo maintenance in Debian, I was strongly
considering to migrate my own systems to doas because of the smaller
attack surface, but than decided that I need to eat my own dog food
and stayed with sudo.

Greetings
Marc

Great! =) Thank you very much for the information Marc!