Re: New : Kera Desktop Environment for Linux

Sujet : Re: New : Kera Desktop Environment for Linux
De : rek2 (at) *nospam* hispagatos.org.invalid (rek2 hispagatos)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.misc
Date : 20. May 2024, 15:59:47
On 2024-05-20, Borax Man <rotflol2@hotmail.com> wrote:
On 2024-05-19, SugarBug <3883@sugar.bug> wrote:
New : Kera Desktop Environment for Linux

A single hacker has created a new Desktop environment with interesting features.

https://desktop.kerahq.com/

About two dozen super hackers might want to help get things out of alpha and into release.

"Currently, this is a product of a team of one. It’s me, Mutlu. I started working on this ten years ago. Eight years ago, I made my first appearance. Things happened, and I couldn’t find much time to work or someone to work with. I tried to create a proof-of-concept that was easy to understand and work with. Today, I believe I have finally achieved this, and I hope to extend the team and maybe have enough budget so that I can work on the project full-time. I hope Kera Desktop can go further thanks to the open-source community."

It looks interesting, I like the ideas in it.  A lot of this can be
done, albeit with more difficulty, in FVWM which is what I use.  I am
looking for a potential replacement when X11 is disposed of, this
might be worth close examination.

Very nice! not up my style but I like the effort, currently using sway
and I am happy but always happy to see other ones pop up.

Keep up the good work.

Happy Hacking
ReK2
--