Re: New : Kera Desktop Environment for Linux

Sujet : Re: New : Kera Desktop Environment for Linux
De : rotflol2 (at) *nospam* hotmail.com (Borax Man)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.misc
Date : 23. May 2024, 12:43:44
On 2024-05-21, The Natural Philosopher <tnp@invalid.invalid> wrote:
On 21/05/2024 12:49, Borax Man wrote:
On 2024-05-20, Yrrah <Yrrah-aolu@aolu.invalid> wrote:
SugarBug <3883@sugar.bug>:

New : Kera Desktop Environment for Linux

My goodness, just what Linux desktop distros need: yet anolther DE,
for there isn't enough choice right now. We have only:
Budgie, Cinnamon, Deepin, Enlightenment, GNOME, KDE, LXDE, LXQt, MATE,
Pantheon, Trinity, Unity. XFCE, ...?

and now Kera, to simplify matters? )-:

Yrrah

There have always been lots of Window Managers for Linux. Even when I
started using Linux in the early 2000s there was

GNOME
KDE
Enlightenment
WindowMaker
FVWM
IceWM
BlackBox
FluxBox
Sawfish
AfterStep
XFCE3
AnotherLevelUp
AmiWM
TWM
MWM

just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more I'm not
remembering from the early 2000s.

And the real thing about them is none of them are essential or cannot be
changed
The dials on the dashboard move, but the underlying vehicle remains the same

FVWM is quite configurable, its almost better described as a framework
to build a Window Manager rather than a Window Manager itself.  You
can make your own modules and functions, change the behaviour, build
new GUI components.