Re: Bluefish HTML Editor

Sujet : Re: Bluefish HTML Editor
De : blissInSanFrancisco (at) *nospam* mouse-potato.com (Bobbie Sellers)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.misc
Date : 19. Sep 2024, 05:59:20
On 9/18/24 19:01, azigni wrote:
I'm glad you hung back on how you really feel about his situation. Just
kidding, a very good read.
 I haven't used anything Ubuntu in quite a while. First Canonical wanted to
dictate everything about my install. It got old quickly, install *tu,
remove all snap, and flatpak, and hope everything is still functional and
secure.
 I'm not a security wizard though everything appeared to work, that doesn't
really mean it does.
 In short I second your thoughts! You were just more polite about it...lol
In the past I tried Ubuntu but I started with Mandriva in 2006
and I found Ubuntu to be more restictive of my investigations. I joined
a LUG about the same time and no one knew anything about Mandriva. They
had all joined the Canonical Bandwagon and convinced new users to use it.
But I had used AmigaOS before GNU/Linux, AmigaOS ran essentially
in root mode all the time. I learned to edit configuration files and
startup-sequences using AmigaOS. I also learned things that would be no
use whatsoever in the Linux x86 world like terminating SCSI chains and
installing DIPs to increase the memory and ROMs to increase the OS's
capabilities.
So as my long passed OL pal Skal Loret recommended Mandriva suited me and when it went under I went to PCLinuxOS.
bliss
Dell Precision 7730- PCLOS 2024.06- Linux 6.6.51-Plasma 5.27.11
--
b l i s s - S F 4 e v e r at D S L E x t r e m e dot com