Re: Bluefish HTML Editor

Sujet : Re: Bluefish HTML Editor
De : blissInSanFrancisco (at) *nospam* mouse-potato.com (Bobbie Sellers)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.misc
Date : 22. Sep 2024, 07:35:01
On Fri, 20 Sep 2024 18:15:59 -0700, Bobbie Sellers wrote:

The AmigaOS ran on the hardware and lots of gamers and
demo-coders would exploit the hardware ignoring the OS. The OS had
everything but memory management.
 It didn’t have a very good graphics abstraction layer. In short, it wasn’t
a very good OS, which is why the apps ignored it.
The applications I used used the OS or I did not buy them.
It was the best multi-tasking OS aside from Unix at the time of its creation. Amigas could use Unix as well at least the A2000,
the A3000, and A4000 but mostly the higher end were used as
places to run the Video Toaster hardward on. Sometimes they
were rebadged as Macs or simply as Video Toasters. I guess
no one is still using them but not so many years ago when
a problem happened the old Amiga reboot symbol would show
up on our analog TV broadcasts, sometimes on cable channels.
They were used by the way in another hobby by anime enthusiasts
to subtitle on VHS the Japanese cartoons.
bliss
--
b l i s s - S F 4 e v e r at D S L E x t r e m e dot com