Re: Folder size and number of files

Sujet : Re: Folder size and number of files
De : g (at) *nospam* nowhere.invalid (G)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.misc
Date : 25. Sep 2024, 11:26:42
db <dieterhansbritz@gmail.com> wrote:
I like typing in commands at the console. Is there
a command that gives me the size of a given folder,
and the number of files in it? I can do that with
the GUI, right klick on the folder and Proprties,
but would prefer to do it from a typed in command.

Is there one?

You can use "du" with some options for the size of folders, but the best prog
is "ncdu" (probably you'll have to install it). It gives a list of dir with
sizes and, with options "c", number of files and you can "walk" the tree with
arrows.