Re: It's Burning Time Again

Sujet : Re: It's Burning Time Again
De : nv (at) *nospam* linux.rocks (Nux Vomica)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.advocacy comp.os.linux.misc alt.os.linux
Suivi-à : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 25. Sep 2024, 23:10:02
On Wed, 25 Sep 2024 20:44:50 -0000 (UTC), John McCue wrote:

The "-speed=2" option will keep the burn speed at a minimum which
is much better for creating a faithful reproduction.  But the burn
time will be a few hours, even for 25 Gb.

I knew about this, but I am not sure of the benefit is worth
the time.  If burned correctly then no issues.

Just do it before you retire for the night and when you
awake in the morning simply remove and label the disk.

If one is extremely concerned about data fidelity, then
there is dvdisaster:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvdisaster

GNU/Linux has the tools.  The user must determine for himself
how far he wants to go.

--
Systemd: solving all the problems that you never knew you had.