Re: mouse wheel jumping to top/back

Sujet : Re: mouse wheel jumping to top/back
De : tnp (at) *nospam* invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Groupes : comp.os.linux.misc
Date : 30. Sep 2024, 17:07:11
On 30/09/2024 15:55, ambaraba wrote:
Since one month (more or less) when scrolling with the wheel down a document/page with mouse wheel
when reaching the bottom of it or maybe just reaching the bottom of the displayed page (it's hard to say)
the display jump up one page or to the top of the document.
This happens while editing (geany,libre office, ...) or browsing (any browser)
It's not an hardware problem: if booting on LM 20 Cinnamon or in win 10/11 all it's OK.
It's NOT just cosmetic: it's driving me c.r.a.z.y :-(
I've checked the settings (System and mouse) in LM20 (ok) and LM21 (KO) but cant find any difference.
And yes: I've put in new batteries ...
Any idea ?
As usual: THANKS for your help and patience !
 Mint21.2 Kernel: 5.15.0-60-generic x86_64
Desktop: Cinnamon 6.0.4 Distro: Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
It's some kind of software glitch probably in cinnamon
I am on mint 20.3 MATE and 21.something on another machine (also MATE) and they don't show this issue
I expect the developers are already aware of it.
This makes me unfit for the company of people of a Left persuasion, and all women"