Re: Video editor for Linux and MacOS

Sujet : Re: Video editor for Linux and MacOS
De : XD (at) *nospam* gnulinux.rocks (Xavier Dominica)
Groupes : alt.computer.workshop comp.os.linux.advocacy comp.os.linux.misc
Suivi-à : comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date : 05. Oct 2024, 11:51:03
On 4 Oct 2024 00:21:04 GMT, vallor wrote:

Well, besides kdenlive and Black Magic Designs DaVinci Resolve, there's
a new kid on the block that I just heard of: Olive.

https://www.olivevideoeditor.org/about

Has anybody tried it?

Olive is just another GUI front end to ffmpeg and a lot of other stuff
like libtiff, libjpeg, libpng, etc., etc.

I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, but I am saying that we must be aware
of exactly what is going on behind the GUI glitz.

The majority of the credit goes to ffmpeg and all the others.  Olive
and its cousins just wrap it all in a more-or-less useful GUI.